Texas Statewide School Pipeline Safety Effort
Watch the Video Below to See How You Can Help us Accelerate School Pipeline Safety in Texas!
Team Up With Us to Cover the State!
The School Pipeline Safety Partnership is working with the Texas School Safety Center to fill the gap in pipeline safety and planning resources available for educators across the state.
Through teaming up to offer resources such as pipeline safety toolkits, educational videos, workshops, and eLearning, we are transforming attitudes and influencing behaviors about pipeline safety through learning methods consumed by today’s educators for continued/ongoing education and emergency preparedness.
Because EVERY School in Texas Should be Aware of Pipeline Safety!
- Pipeline marker identification
- 811 procedures and requirements in Texas
- Pipeline product types
- History of natural gas odorant (New London School Disaster)
- Physical indications of a leak
- Hazards associated with an unintended pipeline release
- Proper actions to take in the event of a leak
- NPMS and RRC of Texas online mapping tool instructions
- Advance preparedness and Emergency Planning
- How to obtain more information and support
- School administration
- Assistant superintendents
- Assistant principals
- Emergency management coordinators
- School-based law enforcement
- Prevention specialists
- Anyone wanting to make their school a safer place, from public K-12 schools, junior colleges, universities, private schools and charter schools
Ratings & Comments
2016 Texas School Based Law Enforcement Presentation/Workshop Evaluation
5= Strongly Agree
- The presenter(s) was knowledgeable about the topic: 4.43
- The presenter(s) presented clearly in a way I could understand: 4.52
- The presenter(s) provided skills/knowledge that is useful to me: 4.48
- The presenter(s) delivered the content in a way that was interesting: 4.30
“Texas has many pipelines. I will be looking into what pipelines are in our area!”
“Good info that I never thought about before.”
What Being a Sponsor Means
Resources, trainings, and tools are always provided at NO COST to stakeholders, which in this case are school officials. However, as a pipeline or utility industry sponsor, your public awareness funds support the Smalley Foundations role in traveling, speaking, printing, development, administration, continuous enhancements, and other costs associated with these communications delivered by the Smalley Foundation.
As a sponsor you will receive documentation that the Smalley Foundation delivered pipeline safety presentations at approximately 20 regional school safety workshops across the state, two state-level conferences, online school pipeline safety toolkit use data, educational video views and demographics, and other reach/engagement data and documentation.
Our Program Sponsors & Partners
How to Participate
Sponsorship is $5,000 per year/per operator. To pledge your sponsorship for 2017 click on the “Become a Partner” button (right column) or contact us at the information provided below. Funds submitted in 2016 will be applied to 2017 programming.
For More Information
To learn more about the School Pipeline Safety Partnership visit www.schoolpipelinesafety.org